Saturday, April 10, 2010

French Toast Casserole

Today we had a brunch at my house for the mom's group that I am a part of. I decided to make a French Toast Casserole. I had never made one before but I have heard it's really good. Of course, when I googled it, tons of recipes turned up. The one I chose said to refrigerate overnight before baking.

1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c milk
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c brown sugar
15 slices of bread

Melt butter and pour into a 9x13" pan.
Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in one bowl.
Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in another bowl.
Place half of the bread into the pan (I cut the crusts off of the bread, but you don't have to).
Pour 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture on top of the bread.
Layer the other 1/2 of the bread on.
Pour the egg/milk mixture all over the bread.
Pour on the other 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake at 350 for another 15 minutes.

It wasn't the prettiest looking thing, but it tasted good. :) I think next time I will cube the bread (just because I think it will look better this way) and I will buy day-old bread to save some money.

1 comment: