Saturday, April 10, 2010

Homemade Gummy Candy

A mama on DS recently shared a recipe she found for gummy candy so I decided to give it a shot. It was super easy to make...

- 1/3 c. water
- 1 3 oz. package of flavored gelatin
- 2 packages of Knox unflavored gelatin.

In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and let them sit there for about 10 minutes. After they sit, turn on your burner to low and stir until all of the gelatin is dissolved. Let it cool for about a minute (not too long) and pour the mixture into something that's easy to pour from. Then just pour the mixture carefully into the candy molds, you can also use the bottom of a muffin tin. I didn't have either so I just poured mine into 8" pie pans. Put them into the fridge for about 10 minutes. I made 2 batches, 1 pineapple and 1 cherry. They pulled easily out of the pie pans and then I sliced them like a pizza.

They were so good! I ate too much, my stomach started hurting, lol. There are a bunch of different ways to make them. You can make them using sugar-free Jello, fruit juice, etc. I plan to try all the different ways (and flavors!) to figure out which I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment