Monday, May 10, 2010

A week of crockpot meals and an update

I always make the same boring meals, week after week. I get so bored of spaghetti, barbecued pork chops, fried pork chops, Italian dressing marinated pork chops, steak, barbecue chicken... As you can tell we eat a lot of pork chops, lol. So, I dug out my cookbooks and started looking for easy, tasty meals using ingredients that were already in my kitchen.

I found 5 meals for the week in a 5 ingredient or less, crockpot cookbook. The hardest thing about my "Crockpot For a Week" challenge will be cleanup. Usually, whenever I use my crockpot I always just leave the leftovers in it and put the whole thing in the fridge. I hate, hate, hate cleaning the crockpot!!!

I will post all of the recipes after I try them and give a review. I'm going to try to convince myself to take pictures too!

Oh, and a Special K update... I lost 5lb in two weeks. I cheated on weekends so it wasn't a full two weeks. It was actually 10 days of dieting. I will continue to have Special K for breakfast but not for lunch. I'm not going to go back to eating lots of junk either. No chips or snack cakes, more fruits and vegetables.

In other news :) Keaton is 18lb 6oz and 25.5in long. They told me that he is in the 25th percentile for height, 85th percentile for weight. The song is true, he really is a little teapot, short and stout.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know Im not the only one who HATES HATES HATES cleaning the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think about buying another, just so that I can go longer between washes, lol.

    ReplyDelete