Monday, May 10, 2010

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

This recipe is from a Pampered Chef cookbook, shared on a friend's blog. Thanks Michelle!

Cinnamon chips
3 10" flour tortillas, each cut into 8 triangles
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2tbs sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread tortillas in a single layer onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Lightly spray water onto tortillas (I just wet my hands and patted the tortillas, because I didn't have a spray bottle handy)
Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over tortilla triangles.
Bake for 8 minutes or until crispy and golden.


Fruit salsa
2 apples (I used 1 green, 1 red)
1 cup strawberries
1 kiwi
1 orange
2tbs brown sugar

Peel, core, and dice apples
Dice strawberries.
Peel and dice kiwi.
Zest orange, then squeeze juice into bowl with apples, strawberries, and kiwi.
Mix everything together with the brown sugar and enjoy!


This was so good and super cheap because I had everything at home except the strawberries and 1 apple, so I spent less than $1.50 on ingredients. I thought about adding a pear because I had a couple lying around but decided to just stick to the original recipe since I was making it for the first time. I will definitely make this again!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fav in our house. I cant ever get enough of it! Im so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete