Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Meatballs and the conclusion to my crockpot week

I forgot to take anything out for dinner for Thursday so I went with something super easy and quick (while still managing to use the crockpot). I dumped half a bag of frozen meatballs into the crockpot along with 1/4 cup grape jelly (nobody told me we were almost out or I would have used more), 1/4 cup ketchup, and about 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Chris and I didn't eat any because we weren't home but my dad and Cody enjoyed them.

Friday I spent the day at my mom's so I ate dinner there, my dad and Cody had a frozen pizza (I think). My goal was 5 days of crockpot meals. Even though I only did 4, I'm still proud of myself. :)

Today my mom and I are going to a farm that sell 25lb of organic produce for $25! I just spoke with the owner and he told me that they don't have many strawberries or blueberries but they do have squash, zucchini, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and a few other veggies. I need to stock up on vegetables for Keaton. He does not like baby food purees, he does ok with the fruits but just spits the vegetables back out. I've been doing some baby-led weaning with him and he like veggies when they are in large pieces that he can pick up so I think I'm going to stick with that. Broccoli seems to be his favorite so far.
Photobucket

He's now crawling (not scooting anymore)all over the place and pulling up on everything.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment