Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pork Chops and Rice

Another recipe from "Fix-It and Forget-It..."

1.5 cups dry long-grain rice
2 cups water
4 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
10.75oz can cream of celery soup
1tbs. chicken or beef bouillon granules (or 1 cube)

Spray interior of slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Place rice and water in cooker and mix together.
Place chops over rice, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl stir together soup and bouillon, pour over chops.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and rice are tender, but not dry.

My crock pot is evidently on steroids, after 3 or 4 hours my rice was so overcooked, it had turned to mush! The pork chops were still good. My dad ate quite a bit of the rice, but then again I think I could have served him dried rice and raw meat and he would have eaten it, lol.

I had the rice, water, pork chops, bouillon, salt and pepper all at home. All I had to buy was
$1.35 cream of celery soup

No comments:

Post a Comment